Has your number of Facebook followers stopped inclining? Then it’s probably a good time to sit back and evaluate your Facebook strategies to figure out what is and isn’t working. We have compiled a list of 10 tips that will help you get your number of followers back on the rise.
- Connect with other business owners’ pages. Make a connection with other business owners who share a similar demographic to yours and cross-promote each other. Make a visible connection with the tea shop down the street that would draw in the same clientele. Make an agreement with community business owners to share each other’s posts every once in a while.
- Post original content and images. Content is still your #1 marketing tool; even when it comes to your Facebook posts. Think of ways to make your images and text original so that your followers want to share it. Add a thought or inspiring quote to your images; but make sure you follow copyright laws.
- Make it easy for friends to like your page. Pages are not popping up in the news feed as much as we would like, so what do you do? For starters, post about your business occasionally on your personal profile, and then tag your business page so it more often shows up in your followers’ news feed. And then from your update, people can easily like your business page.
- Link your profile to your page. Make it as easy as possible for users to find your business page. So don’t forget to link your business page to your personal profile, and vice versa. When you list where you work, a weird community page is created with the same name and a suitcase image. People will start liking that community page rather than your real Facebook page! Just delete the Community Page and add the correct Facebook Page.
- Considering how many emails you send per day, add a link to your page in your email signature. Many email programs such as Gmail make this easy to do.
- Participate on other pages where you know your audience is looking. Engage in conversations that your audience is conversing in. Use your business Facebook page as you would your personal page; have conversations! Offering valuable and relevant input will lead to meaningful relationships.
- Hold a contest. This is great way to attract attention to your Facebook page and get new likes. It costs a little money to run a contest, but if your marketing budget allows it, your money will be well-spent. Have some fun with your fans and promote your products or services this way. Make it so that people have to like your page and include their email to be included in your contest. That way you have a higher number of followers and a list of contact for future promotion.
- Include a link to your Facebook page on your business card. How many of those do you give out per day? When you hand people your business card with this address, you are making it that much easier for your fans to contact you on your page.
- Use Facebook to advertise your page. To get the best value for advertising, use a Sponsored Like Story. This will advertise your page to friends of the fans you currently have. These also contain social proof by showing which of the user’s friends like the page. These are a bit cheaper to run, but it doesn’t help to convert people into fans. Sometimes, if people see that their friend liked your page, that is enough of a reason for them to be a fan.
- Add a like box to your website. A Like Box is one of the largest sources of likes for the page. And it’s easy to add! If you go to the Facebook Developers site, you can add the URL of your Facebook page and configure the setting how you like.
After trying any of these steps for increasing your amount of Facebook followers, take a while to sit back and see how they work for business. Know where your likes and followers are coming from, and increase those behaviors. To read this full article, click on the link below.